Candidate will perform the following day to day tasks, but are not limited to:
- Developing system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balancing general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Regular Bank runs for account deposits
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications:
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidate must be flexible to work overtime when necessary
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate must have at-least 1-3 year accounting and/or CPA experience
Benefits include but aren’t limited to:
Health insurance (company pays 50% of coverage)
- Dental insurance- Optional
- Vision insurance- Optional
- 401k Profit Sharing Plan participation (with a Safe harbor contribution of 3% of your salary annually)
- PTO- you start with 13 days as of January 1st 2017 & 3 Sick Days
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Lake Success, NY
- QuickBooks: 3 years
- Bookkeeping: 2 years
• Post ID: 153269457 longisland