Sr. Business Analyst - Experis (Melville, New York)
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:02 PM
Our Financial Services client in Melville, Long Island NY seeks a Business Analyst for a minimum 6 month contract with further extensions highly likely.
- 6+ years of practical experience in business analysis and works independently in complex situations and tasks.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Translates business needs into functional and non-functional requirements for the IT organization, and manages changes to such requirements.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts as needed.
- Translates high-level, complex business needs into functional and non-functional requirements and manages changes to such requirements.
- Gathers information about the organizations work processes and information flows.
- Understanding of industry standards (IIBA standards) and utilizing BRD documents
- Use case development
- SDLC Methodologies
- User Interface
- Traceability Matrix
- UML Modeling
- Understanding of System Design Documents
- Risk Management/Analysis
- Business Process Flow, Data Flow/Data Diagrams, Contact Diagrams
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
• Location: Long Island, Melville
• Post ID: 36966085 longisland