Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 4:47 PM
* Supervise and coordinate the work schedules of Meter Testers and Clerks associated with the installation, repair, testing of residential, Commercial/Industrial, and specialized metering schemes and associated communication devices.
* Support and coordinate these activities with Meter Engineering, Meter Data Center, Electric Design as well as other Operating Departments in order to meet customer commitment dates in support of LIPA and corporate metering programs.
* Provide safety briefings and technical training programs for the staff and other organizations.
* Coordinate meetings with vendors and various organizations. Report on project status and associated budgets.
* Must maintain appropriate inventory levels of meters and equipment, various supplies and test equipment which are necessary to perform the required functions.
* Must prepare and / or approve the daily work schedules to ensure efficient assignment and completion of all field work.
* Monitor work activity and motivate effective performance. Represent the Department in various internal and external group functions.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Bachelors degree in an Electrical Technology or Computer Science discipline with 3 years of relevant work experience.
* Associates degree in Electrical Technology or Computer Science discipline with 5 years of related experience.
* Individual should also possess a working knowledge of the Red Book and NEC. LIPA Red Book knowledge is a plus.
* A working knowledge of various computer software products including Microsoft Office is also required.
* Candidates must have the ability to provide direction to others, work effectively, meet project deadlines, possess strong judgment and above all be self:motivated.
* Ability to plan, organize and control field operations is required. Applicants should have strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
* The job requires driving company vehicle on occasion to company locations and off:site assignments and events, must possess a valid drivers license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
* Minimum 3 years supervisory experience as well as strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills.
* A thorough knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for Union and experience supervising staff under Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Employees selected for this classification will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year round basis, after an accident, and for reasonable cause.
Business Unit: Customer Operations
If you are a current PSEG employee and if you are offered an opportunity with PSEG Long Island, you will be treated as a new hire. Please note that as a new hire to the Long Island subsidiary, your benefits will change and generally will be consistent with other similarly situated PSEG Long Island new hires. Similarly, for PSEG Long Island employees who accept job opportunities with PSEG or any of its subsidiaries (other than PSEG Long Island), their benefits would change and generally be consistent with other similarly situated new hires of that company.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employ
• Location: Long Island, Riverhead
• Post ID: 155779097 longisland